We are sorry to hear that you have left something behind on the train and wish to get it back to you as soon as possible. We will do our utmost to help you. Below are answers to questions that are frequently asked of us.
- How likely is it that my lost property will be handed in to you?
There is a good chance, but unfortunately some lost property disappears.
Please provide an accurate description of what you have lost to enable us to match this as closely as possible. This will increase your chances.
- What happens to items that are not handed in to you?
We cannot answer that question, unfortunately. We are only able to process items that are handed in to us.
- Is there anything else you can do to speed up the process?Unfortunately not. It usually takes at least 3-6 day, for any lost property found to reach us. You will get an email if we receive an item matching your report.
- Why does it take so long for items to reach you?
This is because the trains are in service and sometimes train personnel travel long distances before they are able to hand in lost property. Trains are only cleaned at certain stations. We work as fast as we can but unfortunately, it can take several days before lost property reaches our shelves.
- Is there a way of finding out if my lost property has been found, before it reaches you?
At present, we are not able to search for items before they have arrived at one of our lost property offices.
- Things are missing from the bag I got back from you. Is there anything I can do about this?
What you got back from us is what has handed in to us. You need to contact your insurance company if you wish to make a claim for whatever is missing.
- How long will it be before you contact me?
As soon as an item arrives that matches your reported lost property, we will email you at the address you gave us. How long it takes found items to reach us can vary depending on whereabouts in the country they were found. A rule of thumb is from 2 to 5 days.
- How often do you receive items?
Daily in Gothenburg and Malmö.
- My lost property ended up somewhere completely different to where I had left it behind. Why was that?
This is because the trains are in service. Items are taken off the train where they are found and then handed in to one of our 11 lost property offices.
- How long will it take you to send my property and I am able to collect it at my local post office?
According to Postnord, within three working days.